Monday 28 January 2008

Last weekend, on the way back from church, I discovered in a skip a whole roll of chickenwire! What luck! So - assuming that its previous owner had no further use for it - I rehomed it before anyone else could. Chickenwire is expensive, and very useful so on Saturday we took it, along with the compost and one or two other items, to its new home. The weather was lovely, more April than January, so we occupied ourselves with a little housekeeping. Having been told by several near neighbours that our plot's previous owner kept an almost weed-free allotment, we feel we have standards to maintain so we weeded a bit and tidied up the edge of the path. I sneaked a peek at our rhubard that we are forcing, and it does seem to be working. That was all really. Next weekend we get our seeds - with any luck - and can truly get going on sowing.

1 comment:

spike_78 said...

good luck guys! hope you last longer than I did... about three years before the 'friendly' neighbours reported us for grass seed abuse! but then we did have Amy a year after we started then Holly and one by one my hobbies, all of which are pretty time consuming, bit the dust...
c'est la vie! but one by one I'm reclaiming them now so maybe one day I'll manage a bit of allotmenting again...
cheers!