Monday 10 November 2008

Rain, rain, rain

Nothing doing this weekend, I'm afraid. It has rained all weekend. I did collect some sage leaves and a cabbage but that was all. Also there has been no delivery of manure recently, which is what I really need to start next year's heap. Maybe it will arrive next week.

My neighbour, who is the eternal pessimist, suggested that the credit crunch would affect manure deliveries because people would not be able to afford to keep horses any more and so there would be less manure. Well, my view is that unless they actually kill the horses, which is unlikely, they will exist somewhere and if they exist they will no doubt produce manure. The only difficulty is if they decide to move to the country - then we are stuffed!
My most recent bit of manure spreading, next to the newly planted onions.

No comments: